The Terminator series has enjoyed a roller-coaster ride among fans like us over the last three decades. Here are 10 Interesting Facts About the Terminator Movies that will help us all appreciate the series a little more.
- The studio Orion originally wanted to cast O.J. Simpson in the role of the Terminator.
- Producers forced Cameron to consider a robot dog as Reese’s companion.
- The gas station the Terminator stops at for gas in Terminator 3. The same one from the previous two films.
- At the time of filming Terminator 2 was the most expensive film of all time with a budget of $100 million.
- James Cameron is a bit of a risk-taker, he sold the rights to The Terminator to producer Gale Anne Hurd (his future wife) for only $1. Under the condition that he would be able to direct and execute his vision his way.
- When James Cameron wrote the script for The Terminator, he allegedly had no agent and was living in his car. Cameron then fired his agent because he didn’t like his script.
- Terminator is the only character to be listed on American Film Institute’s 100 Heroes and Villains as both a hero and a villain.
- For Terminator 2, Linda Hamilton (who played Sarah Connor). Learned how to pick locks for the scene in the mental hospital.
- Schwarzenegger has only 14 lines in the first Terminator film.